The National Business Research Institute (NRBI) identifies six traits engaged employees have in common, including:
- They believe in their organization.
- They have the desire to work to make things better.
- They understand the business context and big picture.
- They are respectful and helpful to colleagues.
- They are willing to go the extra mile.
- They stay up to date with developments in their industry.
Put a small team of employees together and take stock of each trait. What’s going well? Where are the improvement opportunities? What steps can you take to (authentically, with buy-in) improve each?